I never tasted this kind of brownies before, i was introduced to this recipe from one of my friend. She made this lovely Brownies last week and it was just melting into my mouth. It was soft,chewy and delicious. I told her it was out of the world. And really wanted to try the recipe, so she shared the recipe with me. This recipe has a little twist, they didn't use normal white sugar, but the recipe has only brown sugar and so you get the chewy consistency.
It has walnuts and chocolate chips in it, so kids will love to taste it, and my son was a great fan for this brownie. Its a very simple and yummy recipe. You can have this delicious brownies with a glass of milk.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Course : Dessert
Main Ingredient : All purpose flour
All Purpose flour / Self raising Flour - 1 cup sifted
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/8 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Walnuts - 1/2 cup Chopped
Butter - 1/3 cup melted
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1 Beaten
Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
Semisweet chocolate chip - 2/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit. Grease a 9/9 baking pan or what ever baking pan you have is fine. If you want a thin layer then you can use a large rectangle pan too.
- Now in a large bowl add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them together and then add the walnuts to the flour. This is why because when you add the walnuts to the flour, it will be coated with flour and will mix well in the dough will not go down in the an and settle. So that is the reason we mix it with flour to keep the walnuts every where in the brownies.
- In another bowl add the melted butter, not too hot and then add the brown sugar. Mix them well. Now add the beaten egg to the brown sugar mixture. Mix them again and then add the vanilla extract. Now the wet ingredient is also ready.
- Now you can combine both wet and dry ingredient together to make a batter.
- You can spread the batter in the greased pan, you can grease the pan with butter or use a foil or a parchment paper. Anything is fine.
- After spreading the batter, you can top it with chocolate chip.
- Bake the brownies for 20 - 25 minutes or till the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the brownies.
Serve it after you make them into pieces.
Serving per recipe - 12
Calories per serving - 240 approx