Green Spinach Rice
Just good for health simple and tasty.
Cuisine : South Indian
Preparation time : 30 mins
Cooking time : 40 mins
Course : Main Course
Main Ingredient : Rice and Spinach
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Spinach - cooked and smashed 1 cup
For gravy :
Tomato Chopped - 1 cup
Onion Chopped - 1 cup
Ginger ad Garlic chopped - 2 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tbsp
Green chili - 3 chopped
Mint leaves - Handful
Peas - Soaked 1 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon Stick - 1
Curry leaves Few
Onions for Raita
Salt as req
- In a kadai add oil and then some ghee, now add all spices , tomato, onion, garlic, ginger, chili, jeera, cinamon stick.
- Saute for a while and keep it aside to cool down.
- In the rice cooker, wash rice and soak it for like 30 mins.
- Now in a kadai add spinach with little oil. Saute well.
- Again in a kadai add oil, the seasoning and peas. Saute till it is little roasted.
- Grind everything like a paste and add with rice.
- Add peas, seasoning, mint leaves and req salt.
- Mix it and start cooking
- Garnish with cilantro or curry leaves.
Serve hot with Raita.
Serving per recipe : 4
Calories per serving : 200