Cuisine : Indian
Preparation Time : 10 hours
Cooking time : 2 hours
Course : Dessert
Main Ingredient : Wheat
Wheat - 2 Cups
Sugar - 3 Cups
Ghee - 2 Cup
Cashew - 1/2 cup
- Soak the wheat over night at-least for 8 hours.
- Grind the wheat by adding little water.
- Strain the batter. And then leave it aside for a while.
- You may get excess water pour it down.
- Now in a large kadai, add 1 cup of sugar and stir it till the sugar changes color to light brown, now add water till sugar sinks to it, The sugar will become hard dont worry it will be dissolved.
- The water will be nice and brown, this will give the color for the halwa.
- Now add the remaining sugar and mix well.
- Then leave to a boil and then add the wheat batter to it.
- Keep stirring when the wheat seems to be cooked, add ghee little by little.
- All the ghee will be absorbed, keep doing this process until ghee is not absorbed.
- Now halwa is ready, in another pan add ghee and roast cashew and add it to the halwa.
Serving per Recipe : 15
Calorie per Serving : 400