Easy Potato side dish
EASY POTATO SIDE DISH
I used to make this potato side dish when my daughter started to eat solid foods. So what I basically do is, i just wash the potatoes and then pressure cook them till it becomes nice and soft. Then i remove the skin and mash them. If you don't want to mash them you can just cut them into cubes and gently you can cook them with some masala. Very simple and easy way to make potato side dish. And for my kid i used to cook this way and mash with rice and give her. She will love to eat, and we are feeding adequate carb in the food too, so it is good. Potato Side dish is an easy and quick recipe. Made up of cooked and mashed potatoes with little spices.
Now a days kids are so choosy and rejecting all the vegetables and we have to plan accordingly to incorporate vegetables in the meal. So this is always the favorite. The other favorite is the Potato fry. They will love it in any of the meal. So then is the obvious Potato Masala for the poori.
Cuisine : Indian
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Course : Side dish
Main Ingredient : Potato
Mustard and split white gram for seasoning - 1 tbsp
Potato - cooked and mashed 2 cups
Chili powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric - 1 tbsp
Red chili - 1
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- So the first thing to do is cook the potatoes in the pressure cooker may be till it is easy to poke with a knife or may be for 10 mins.
- Let the pressure release, then you can open it and peel the potatoes and keep it aside so let it cook to mash or cut.
- Now potatoes must be ready so mash them with your hand or with a masher or fork.
- Now you can heat the pan add oil, add mustard, split white gram, red chili and curry leaves
- After it is done, add the mashed potato.
- Then the chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Serve it hot with rice, Flavored rice, chapathi
Serving per recipe : 2
Calories per serving : 200 approx